Cool Places to Stay in Granada
This post may contain affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Planning a visit to this beautiful part of Spain? Granada has some amazing places to stay including hotels, hostels and apartments. Here are out favorites with lots of charm and fantastic views, some even have swimming pools!
Some of them are listed on Airbnb, others on websites like Booking.com. Be sure to sign up through this link for Airbnb to save up to €37 off your first trip! And for a limited time, if you register at Booking.com using this link and then make a reservation you can get $20 cash back! It’s a special offer from Booking.com.
Best Places to Stay in Granada
Sleep in a Cave
One of the most unique places to stay in Granada is in one of the cave homes. Originally (and still) inhabited by the Gitanos these fascinating structures are hidden on a high hill in Granada in the Sacromonte neighborhood. Check out these cave house options on Airbnb.
- Amazing cave: bright and clean 100 square meters with large terrace and fabulous views, in the heart of Sacromonte
- Fabulous cave: the terrace has great views of the Alhambra and the inside is spacious and clean
- Cave with garden: this cave dwelling also has a garden and terrace with lovely views
Be sure to sign up through this link for Airbnb to save up to €30 off your first trip.
Apartments with a View
The Albayzin is the hilly neighborhood which looks across to the Alhambra. Many homes have spectacular views from terraces and balconies. Here are a few:
- Atico de María la Chola: the ultimate in romance with terrace views of the Alhambra
- Terrace Alhambra: a traditional style apartment with lots of wood details and a gorgeous view from the balcony
- Apartamentos Turísticos Mauror: one and two bedroom apartments right next to the path to the Alhambra
Leafy Garden Apartments
Granada has many traditional homes called carmens which are built around a private garden. Other buildings have courtyards filled with potted plants and trickling fountains. Here are some leafy green places to stay in Granada.
- Apartamentos Turísticos Alhambra: relax in the stunning traditional gardens with perfect views at this apartment
- Apartment Garcia Lorca: this super modern apartment overlooks a beautiful courtyard filled with potted plants
- Carmen de Ramilla: stay in a traditional carmen in an apartment surrounding lovely gardens
Granda Lodgings with a Swimming Pool
If you are visiting Granada in the summer, chances are the weather will be hot and sunny. What better way to cool down after a day of sightseeing than a dip in the swimming pool? Here are some hotels and apartments in Granada with pools!
- Hotel Catalonia: this chic, modern hotel has a lovely rooftop swimming pool with great views
- Carmen de Ramilla: these one and two bedroom apartments surround lovely gardens with a perfect pool
- Chezmoihomes Trinidad: enjoy amazing views from the rooftop views of this modern apartment
- Apartamentos Turísticos Alhambra: these one bedroom apartments share a private pool and garden with a view
Cool Hotels & Hostels in Granada
Whether you are splashing out or trying to stay within a tight budget, there are many hotels in Granada to choose from. Relax in luxury, stay in a cozy pension or make new friends in the hostel. Here are a few favorites:
- Eurostars Washington Irving: located just steps from the Alhambra and is ultra modern and elegant
- Parador de Granada: read more about paradores here
- Hospes Palacio de los Patos: stay in a historic palace in the lap of luxury while exploring Granada
- Hotel Casa 1800: soak up the ambiance at this hotel in a charming 17th century building
- Carmen de la Alcubilla del Caracol: a cozy hotel with lots of antiques tucked into a traditional house
- ECO Hostel: brand new hostel in an old building, private rooms and dorms available
- Oasis Backpackers Hostel: cool hostel in a traditional Andalusian house with a central courtyard
- Granada Inn: meet new people at this friendly hostel in the city center of Granada
- Lemon Rock Hostel: great hostel in Realejo with its own bar/restaurant and awesome views from the roof
Don’t forget, if you register at Booking.com using this link and then reserve using the link above you can get $20 cash back! It’s a special offer from Booking.com.
Looking for the best deals? Search HotelsCombined to compare prices across websites.
Things To Do in Granada
- Most people plan to visit the Alhambra when in Granada. Read about the Alhambra here including how to get tickets.
- Granada has lots of free things to do, check out some of them here.
- Take a side trip to the beach, the Sierra Nevada, or other parts of Andalucia like Malaga, Sevilla or Cordoba.
- Eat lots of tapas and drink lots of wine. Here are 8 great tapas bars in Granada.
- Visit Granada’s many hidden gardens, oases of calm and peace
- Go to a flamenco performance
- Get lost in the many small alleyways and twisting hilly streets in the Albayzin
Enjoy your stay in beautiful Granada!
CHECK OUT THESE POSTS:
- 10 FREE THINGS TO DO IN GRANADA
- 8 GREAT TAPAS BARS IN GRANADA
- 8 FREE THINGS TO DO IN SEVILLE
- 10 FREE THINGS TO DO IN MADRID
- 10 FREE THINGS TO DO IN BARCELONA
- CAMPING IN ANDALUCIA
- BEST HOSTELS IN BARCELONA