Best Food Tours in Barcelona
This post may contain affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Barcelona has a wide selection of places to eat from tapas bars and pintxos to Michelin star meals.
A great way to learn about the local food culture when traveling to a new place is to join a food tour. I especially like to do a food tour on my first day or two in town so that I can learn what to look for during the remainder of my stay. Also the tour guide usually has excellent recommendations for more places to try.
Here are some of the best Barcelona food tours you should check out! Looking for a place to stay? Check out these top 10 hostels in Barcelona too.
Best Food Tours in Barcelona
- Visit three local restaurants and learn a bit about Barcelona history at the same time on the Devour Barcelona Tapas, Taverns & History Tour. You are sure to eat and drink well on this tour. Book here.
- I went on an excellent food tour in Barcelona with Culinary Backstreets. They offer fantastic food tours that combine history with lesser known local culinary gems. Check out their tours here! Use code: WKNDGD to get 5% off!
- Get off the beaten path and explore the quirky Gracia neighborhood on this culinary tour, tasting local specialties at family-run shops, and meet the chefs and owners. Book the gourmet Gracia tour here.
- Combine culture and cuisine with this unique tour that takes guests to three pinxtos spots and two museums. See Picasso paintings and try tasty tapas. Book this culture and food tour here.
- Learn about Barcelona’s gourmet food scene with a sommelier guide who has worked at some of the world’s most celebrated Michelin-starred restaurants. Visit fresh produce markets, venture into local bars and sample a selection of delicious tapas. Learn more about this special tour here.
- Explore the small secret streets of Barcelona for a three hour Spanish gastronomy tour in the atmospheric areas of El Born and Barceloneta. Reserve your spot here.
- Are you in Barcelona with the whole family? Check out this fun and interactive private walking tour of Barcelona’s city center designed just for kids and focused on snacks. Candy shops, giants, legends and more! Book this family friendly tour here.
Barcelona Cooking Classes
Would you like to learn to prepare some of Spain’s specialties yourself? Then join one of these Barcelona cooking classes where you shop at the market, prepare local dishes and then dine together.
- Take a half-day cooking class in Barcelona. Select seasonal ingredients from La Boqueria Market on Las Ramblas. Then, prepare your dishes with the help of a chef, before enjoying the results with wine pairings. Reserve your spot here.
- Learn how to make paella and then eat it for dinner! Wash it all down with some wine and cava. Book this class here.
- Take a 2-hour tapas making class in Barcelona, and discover the secrets to a unique type of Spanish cuisine. Prepare and cook hot and cold tapas using fresh ingredients in this hands on workshop, then enjoy the tasty treats you have prepared. Reserve this workshop here.
Culinary Day Trips from Barcelona
Just outside of Barcelona you will find the cava wine region, local vineyards and more. Join these culinary day trips to explore the area outside of the city.
- Embark on a wine lover’s day out to explore the Alella wine region, where you’ll visit an organic winery and stroll through the vines, taste tapas and vermouth in a local tavern and enjoy a typical Spanish lunch. Book this Devour tour here.
- Enjoy natural, organic wine on this fantastic tour to the Maresme region. Take in the stunning vineyards and learn about the history of the landscape. Sample biodynamic wines and then enjoy a local meal. Reserve now.
- Immerse yourself in the scenic wine country of Penedes on this 4-day wine tour. Penedes is one of the most renowned wine regions in Spain, the home of cava. Accommodations and meals are also included. Get more details here.
- Spend a day in the countryside area amongst olive trees where you will learn the secrets of the best olive oil, taste local homemade traditional food and visit one of the most beautiful medieval villages in Catalonia: Siurana. Reserve this tour here.
Enjoy your visit to Barcelona and I hope the tapas are tasty! Be sure to check out these 10 free things to do in Barcelona too.
CHECK OUT THESE POPULAR POSTS:
- 10 FREE THINGS TO DO IN MADRID
- TRANSPORTATION TO ANDALUCIA
- WHAT TO WEAR IN SPAIN IN SUMMER
- 8 FREE THINGS TO DO IN CORDOBA
- BEST FOOD TOURS IN SEVILLE
- BEST PARADOR HOTELS IN ANDALUCIA
- BEST HOSTELS IN BARCELONA